Sunday, April 24, 2005

Dancing Queen, Young and Sweet, Only 17


Me before prom. Posted by Hello

I'm still a bit tired out from prom. Yesterday, as I have said, was a day of hurry hurry hurry. Nails, hair, makeup. But by the end of it all, I felt so pretty! Yes, this is girly and stupid, but you know what, I don't care. I felt very pretty in my dress. My hair looked really nice with my dress, it was a very 'throwback" look. My makeup looked very nice, much better than I could have done it. And to top it off, I had a great time!

Pictures and such started at 5 and our dinner reservations were at 6:30. We (Lindsay & Beth, Eric & Tiffany, Ron & I) took a limo to prom. It was so fun because neither my date, Ron, or I have ever been in a limo. We went and ate at a fancy restaurant. I ate there last year for before prom and it was packed, this year it wasn't to crowded, which was nice.

After dinner we headed right over to prom. We got there right at 8:00pm and we luckily didn't have to wait in line to get our pictures made. Then it was time to cut a rug! Actually, I am not a dancer. It probably would be scary if I were to dance, I would rather not make a fool of myself. I did dance a little, but mostly I talked, visited friends and teachers, and looked out for the worst/nastiest dancing award. If you were there you probably have your own award to hand out. Ron and I did request the Chicken Dance, though. It's a dance favorite, and last year they didn't play it! Everyone was dancing, I mean, who doesn't do the chicken dance? Everyone knows it, and you know that everyone looks stupid (not just you). There was a bit of white-boy break dancing at the end which wasn't too bad. Good job break-dancers, it was very impressive!

What else happened? No one dancing with a chair or carrying our principle, Dr. Crowell, into the middle of a bunch of dancing girls.....like last year. Overall, it seemed like there were fewer people there this year, both teachers and students. I do with more teachers had come. That is part of the fun, seeing your teachers all dressed up and talking to them. But oh well, I still had fun.

Afterward, we went back to Beth's house and had cheesecake! Then we played Halo, or more like 4 of the 6 in our group played Halo while Beth and I slept. We were woken up sometime around 2 to finish off cheesecake and Mexican dip. We watched what can be called a
"jumpercise" workout video from the 80's were everyone wore leotards and bounced on mini-trampolines. It was really funny at 3am. Later came the beginning of a Disney movie but we were shooed upstairs away from the guys and told to go to sleep sometime around 4am. We work up late that day and at breakfast around 11 and then sat around and later went to our favorite restaurant, Golden Corral, for lunch.

Other than my feet hurting, it was fun. I am so glad I got to go to prom with all my friends! It was awesome. Thanks Ron for going with me! I hope everyone had a great time too!


See that girl, watch that scene, dig in the dancing queen.

4 Comments:

Blogger Ace said...

Emoney, you look so pretty! I haven't talked to you in forever...I didn't know you're prom was last night. Our formal was last night, too. It was a blast. Sounds like yours was awesome too! I'll talk to you soon. Only 56 days!

8:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The FireFighters Prayer

When I am called to duty, God, wherever flame may rage,
Give me strength to save some life, whatever be its age.

Help me embrace a little child, before it is too late,
Or save an older person from, the horror of that fate.

Enable me to be alert and hear the weakest shout,
And quickly and efficiently, to put the fire out.

I want to fill my calling, and to give the best in me,
To guard my every neighbor, and protect his property.

And if according to my fate, I am to lose my life,
Please Bless with your protecting hand, my children
and my wife.

2:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The FireFighters Prayer

When I am called to duty, God, wherever flame may rage,
Give me strength to save some life, whatever be its age.

Help me embrace a little child, before it is too late,
Or save an older person from, the horror of that fate.

Enable me to be alert and hear the weakest shout,
And quickly and efficiently, to put the fire out.

I want to fill my calling, and to give the best in me,
To guard my every neighbor, and protect his property.

And if according to my fate, I am to lose my life,
Please Bless with your protecting hand, my children
and my wife.

2:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ohcrap you found my idententy im stupid

2:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Copyright 2005-2008 Jazur Production