Saturday, October 29, 2005

Thus The Curtain Closes

Four years ago on a semi-warm September evening, in the foothills of North Carolina a group of twenty-seven freshmen took the field for their very first competition. These freshmen were either very nervous or very excited about the coming show, The salute was given and the band began to play the show. The show was a success and the freshmen were enthralled at this new feeling of accomplishment that had never before been felt by any on them. Four years and many shows later these Twenty-seven individuals took the field for there final competition, not as the green freashmen they had once been but as the veteran seniors who had earned the right to be called such. I can not personally tell how each one of these people felt tonight but I can tell you how I felt, it was a feeling of both accomplishment, closure, sadness, and joy all rolled into one grand conglomeration of emotion. My time in the band is all but over I feel lucky to have served with so many great and wonderful people who, have not only enriched my life but taught me what it is to be apart of something bigger than just your self. THANK YOU BAND YOU'VE BEEN GREAT.

"The heart of the band lies within each and every one who has ever picked up an instrument and played" --Unknown .


--Neko

3 Comments:

Blogger Source T said...

hey man how did y'all do on your last competition? i'm gonna try to come to the north comp to help out. I'll let ya know.

9:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Our last competition was awesome, even if we did sorta hit the dirt at the end. I'm so proud of all the seniors and will miss them all a lot. It's been great as fellow band geeks. This was my last last competition that I probably won't cry, but I can't wait 'til next year! Just hope you never forget how special the band was and always remember the little people!
~Misty

3:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm actually proud of what you just wrote.

I can't imagine what I will feel next year. It's kinda scary and intimidating. I'm not so sure I want it to all be over though at rare instances that's how we all feel. At least I'll be doing band in college.

You know, as much as we don't always get along, there are times when we do and while I won't exactly miss them, it will be weird not having your antics around. Just like band isn't band without an Emmie or a Cat, it isn't band without Jenkins or Christina or Stoner. So long.

8:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Copyright 2005-2008 Jazur Production