Monday, October 03, 2005

Hmm.

Well that's one Band competition down and I think five to go (correct me if I'm wrong) and if your reading this than your probably in the band and already know the outcome but if your not then: the band went home with and Excellent just 3 point shy of a Superior and with no hardware for our efforts, lets just say there were some quiet band buses especially if you were riding bus 1 and were a drummer. When C.J. speaks the world must listen (I'll try to quote the best I can) " You should a least act like we lost and not be as happy, I mean you act like were happy we lost the competition" I not sure what your opinion is, but when something becomes so important to you that it rules your life and control's how you act around others. When the very heart of it is about having fun and learning about yourself, then I fail to see why you would want to continue. I blows me away that C.J. would go as far to tell Ricena he wasn't allowed to talk. C.J. From me to You: It was a competition we lost big deal, Did you give your best? If you did and everyone else did then you should have no reason to get upset and yell scream and just generally be nasty to your fellow man.

--Neko

3 Comments:

Blogger Emoney said...

I thought you guys did a great job at the game on Friday. Maybe you just had an off day, no reason to get too down about it. Then again, I am not/have never been in band.

2:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

First of all, CJ has been working his ass off, along with some of the other members of the drumline, and he was tired of putting up with the ones who don't work and then who don't care that they got last place (yes, that is correct, our drumline got last place for the first time probably at least since I've been at North).

It sucks worse than pretty much anything has ever sucked to stand up there, in front of a crowd, and just clap for everyone else. To not get anything at all while standing next to the band who wins everything in our class...it sucks. And you wouldn't know what that feels like...CJ does.

And you say, "If you did your best and everyone else did..." The fact is that not everyone else did because not everyone tries their best in practice. If you don't try your best in practice, then what you put on the field in a competition won't be your best. And that's exactly what happened. CJ was pissed because he tries his best every time he is out on that field or in a sectional or whatever and then other people don't and ruins it for him and for the rest of us who work hard.

It's his senior year, not Ricena's and, he had a right to be pissed off.

6:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm, high school drama, how much I miss it. I kind of agree with both points said between meg, and Jenkins. I kind of know CJ, and yeah he cares for the band, and if he does work as hard as brought up here then sure he has a right to be angry with those who don't. With band its a group thing, if one person is bad, the whole band is bad. Sad but true. If there are people slacking off then he should talk to those people, but no reason to get mad at everyone for the mistakes of a few.

3:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Copyright 2005-2008 Jazur Production